101 little things to make salesforce a lot better
A sporadically maintained list of coal seams smoldering deep in the caverns of salesforce.com that cause needless liver damage in many an awesome admin.
Misc Nonsense w Fields and Reports and such
- parent case field not available on case close layout
- parent campaign field not available on activity with campaign report type
- primary contact not available on activity with campaign report type.
- primary campaign source not available on opp related lists - without formula field
- Amount and expected revenue not available on standard campaigns w opportunities report type, but available w formula fields
- cant load data to description field on campaign member?
- link to view hierarchy on case list view (why do i have to create a field for this)
- can’t display created datetime on a report (without creating a formula field with the value of createdDate)
- contacts have 4 standard phone fields. leads have 2 (mobile, phone). since you cant map a custom field to a standard field on lead conversion, you get to do all kinds of nonsense involving hidden custom fields and workflow rules if you want to collect home phone or other phone on leads
- try changing the case on an existing campaign member status record. there is one way that works. the rest will lead directly to the insane asylum.
Some standard fields that cant be renamed (though idea is marked as delivered)
- owner (on standard objects, can be renamed on custom objects)
- account name (local) (thought contact name local can be renamed)
About me on user*
- is not available in workflow or validation rules
- is not available on standard user report type
- is available on custom report type on user
- List view default sort order is not planned!
Description fields and Help text
- Need a Description field on public groups : because they are used everywhere
- Need a Description field on standard fields : because we are not all the same
- No help text for name fields on standard objects : from c. 2011 folks. holy cow this is my idea!
Buttons / Links / Actions (in classic, bc i’m a luddite)
- you cant remove the ‘submit for approval’ button on the approval history related list - even though you’ve been able to submit via flow and process builder since c 2015. so if you do something magically cool, say a dynamic approval process using visual workflow that launches via a custom button, you still have to have BOTH buttons on the page. Not exactly following the UX best practices manual here.
- everything about approval process email alerts, but especially how it appears to be virtually impossible to get the current approver’s name in the email alert.
any of these could have been fixed without my noticing, this is just an unordered list of rants, if one has been fixed, please let me know via carrier pigeon since i’m on a twitter vacation.