My FormAssembly wish list
I am a big fan of formAssembly, primarily from the angle of a Salesforce administrator of a complex org. I’m maintaining a running list here of issues and functionality that I hope to see added.
- provide connector level skip logic on all connectors
- allows for much better management of updates to live forms as can have test-only connectors that are activated by a URL parameter
- error handling
- only option is a single global email address.
- this could be set per form, or better would be to have error connectors so you can really customize what happens
- provide built-in functionality for discount codes and scholarships
- using client side js is easily hacked
- scholarships (100% discount) require are very poorly supported and require a ton of work
- add a ranking question type (a list of options that can be dragged into order)
- prefill picklist or autosuggest form field from a salesforce object
- get contact’s account ID and use in dependent steps
- needed in opportunity creation and for adding new contacts to an existing household
- more broadly using a lookup objects fields in dependent lookups would be very powerful.
- allow setting currency on stripe connector from a form field, as a single stripe account can have multiple bank accounts in different currencies and stripe can automatically segment deposits by currency.
- this can significantly reduce foreign exchange costs for donor as well as recipient
- allow lookup against sfdc or stripe to find existing customer id instead of creating a new customer for each transaction
- i cant imagine anyone using it as currently baked. try it yourself
- the ‘or type your name’ option on the signature page is hella confusing to me as its a required field - you have to type it! there is no or! it should say something like ‘replace your signature using your name’
- the ‘incomplete response’ message sure looks like an error message, and it displays before you click submit. i understand that they want you to be clear that there is one more step - but that should be presented as a tip, not an error. and it can be simply reinforced by setting a notification message, which is displayed after submission
- the verification page you are taken to from the email link is pretty sad. the only part of the whole process that is decent is the final ‘summary’ page which looks pretty good!