Making cases work in lightning
I couldnt find any clear documentation on how to get cases to just not be total crap in lightning. Tried many times, and failed miserably. finally found a way through lots of googling, and piecing things together. the short answer is that you need feed filters and a console app and then there is hope.
“Enable Case Feed Actions and Feed Items” in support settings
- otherwise you may find odd stuff with things not showing up in the case feed esp on old cases
setup case feed filters
- can setup feed filters in classic, to determine what is on the page
- feed filters only show up in console apps in lex, but actually make it usable. you can see all the emails, and easily move from one to the next. other normal things
try “Enable Unread/Read on Compact Case Feed” - no idea what that does yet…and maybe ‘enable draft emails’ cuz why not.
create a console app, then do normal lighting app builder stuff.
- i went with details on left, and feed on right. equal split.
- i stuck with case comments bc we have some notifications and such that I dont need to deal with rebuilding for now, though posts will be better in the long term.
Create a custom send email action
- lets you set email template
- try using junctionIdList to populate the to address if you have issues