Checking for blank in Flow
A few days ago I asked
am i the only person who is still confused about equals globalconstant.emptystring vs isnull = true in flows? i swear i used to use equals gces all the time and it was fine or was i delusional. seems like isnull = true works most everywhere now. is there any clarity on where one might use equals globalconstant.emptystring?
It seems like a pretty simple question - how do I tell if my (X) is blank / populated.
the X could be
- evaluate flow screen element in assignment
- evaluate flow screen element in a conditional visibility rule
- evaluate flow screen element in a flow field validation rule
- evaluate get records element in decision
- evaluate a field in process builder
- filter criteria on get records element
It seems like the answer is to use isNull, but seems like its not clearly stated as such. And a few folks agreed that this seems to have changed over time.
So, to try and settle how things currently behave, i am going to test to see how these options behave in the scenarios above.
- isnull equals true
- isnull equals false
- isnull not equal to true
- isnull not equal to false
- equals globalconstant empty string
- not equal to globalconstant empty string
This is gonna suck. But actually solving this will be a great leap forward - for me anyways.